martes, septiembre 11, 2007

Suomi

Finland is a great country. It's really heavy in my mind that staying in Estonia I hadn't visited that country. I was so so close for some times... but due to one or other reason I couldn't do it. But for sure I will visit Finland some day in my life. I recalled some days ago Finland when I was watching the Eurobasket. Why do small countries like Lithuania or Latvia have great teams in sports, and Finland doesn't? Finland has more population than those countries, so what are the finnish doing? They have tall people for playing basket.. and not only basket... they don't have so many sport celebrities.. maybe Raikonnen and few more...
The reason I found is that they care more about music than all that. It can sound funny, but it's true! They have really a lot of good bands (and good taste). I would like to know how many finnish people are involved in some musical project. Only in the metal part of the music they have more bands than any country of its population size. And not only that, they have a lot of bands and really good and international ones. I have no doubts about that some of the most important and that influence a lot of more groups from out of Finland are finnish. One of the best examples is Nightwish, one of the most important bands in these last 10 years in metal worldwide. What do they have? Even they created their own style called "Suomi metal"!!!
I remember when I was in Tallinn, I was watching the Yle, the finnish TV. It was Christmas time, and one of the reports was that the most usual present for children in Christmas was an electric guitar!! They have a really good music culture, and a lot of them know about music and the most important, they have very good ideas (of course talking in general and comparing to other countries like mine, Spain). In their most sold albums list, you can find all kind of music.
They have more than Lordi,though I don't have anything againgst this band... some examples of finnish metal music, mostly of this year:

Ensiferum - Ahti
Great band of viking-power metal, and great song


Finntroll - Nedgang
I liked more the previous albums, but what has to happen in my country to have this song in the top 40 list!! Maybe in the end of the world... :)


Mirror Of Madness - Nainen in Iisrokki
A band with members of 10 or 11 years old!! And look how many people looking their show!!


Amorphis - Silent Waters
One good band of "Suomi metal" with folk elements, though they started like Death Metal.


Korpiklaani - Tervaskanto
Band of Humppa Metal. Humppa is the finnish folk.


Apocalyptica - Quutamo
Amazing band formed by 4 cellos and one drummer.


Turisas - Rasputin
Funny cover song of the Viking-epic metal band Turisas. They just released this single few days ago.
Turisas - Rasputin

Añadir a mi perfil | Más Videos

No hay comentarios: